[MCR] Weeping Wall & Ice T - Rockies

Public Mountain Conditions Report mcr at informalex.org
Wed Jan 2 00:09:10 EST 2013

Hi Everyone,
Steve Holeczi and I made an attempt on Ice T in the Upper Weeping Wall area yesterday only to find the ice had become very dry and detached from the rock. We backed off the final pitch after it cracked all the way across while climbing it.

We reached the upper wall via Snivelling Gully which was for the most part quite hollow sounding and had a few open water sections. It was climbable but we had to be cautious with our micro route finding. The Weeping Wall itself was mostly very wet with a few dry looking lines and the Weeping Pillar (upper weeping wall) although big, looked like it would be very challenging due to wet, unconsolidated conditions.

All the best,

Marc Piché
ACMG/IFMGA
Mountain Guide