[MCR] Ghost River, The Sorcerer

Public Mountain Conditions Report mcr at informalex.org
Wed Jan 9 10:00:49 EST 2013

Hello Everyone,

I climbed the Sorcerer yesterday and found it to be in great shape. There was some cold air embedded at the bottom of the cirque which made the first pitch quite brittle. The upper pitch's are as good as they get with no wet ice and secure climbing. The approach trail from the N ghost is easy going through a shallow sugary snow pack.

The road in remains over all in great condition with one area of concern, the first bridge after leaving the forestry road the river has breached the banks and the ice has opened up leaving a fairly deep and abrupt water crossing. I recommend a mid to high clearance vehicle to safely negotiate this but it may refreeze with cooler temps forecasted?

Have fun out there!

Jeff Bullock
Climbing, Skiing, Custom Mountain Adventures
IFMGA/ACMG Certified Mountain Guide
CAA Pro Member
www.alpineairadventures.com