[MCR] Louise Falls

Public Mountain Conditions Report mcr at informalex.org
Wed Jan 16 21:16:04 EST 2013

Climbed Louise Falls today.  No one else there all day and the climb felt like it hadn't seen too much traffic recently.  There is one huge dagger suspended on climbers right, plus ample hangfire on both sides.  We entered the pillar on climbers left and it looked at first like you could climb a cone to the left of the pillar, but that didn't look like a good option up close.  I opted to take the front of the pillar and the first half sounded quite hollow and not attached to the cone to the left. The second half of the pillar provided better ice.
We opted to rap the route instead of the walk off.
And yes, the luge track back to the trail is also in good shape:)

Sarah Hueniken
ACMG Alpine Guide
www.sarahhueniken.com