[MCR] Mt Andromeda - N Bowl

Public Mountain Conditions Report mcr at informalex.org
Tue Jul 23 20:47:39 EDT 2013

My guests and I climbed the N Bowl of Andromeda on Friday 19 Jul. The access to the glacier is easier than it looks. We climbed up near the centre on a low angle fin. The crevasses in the centre are open and we had to pass on the right nearest the NW Shoulder. The recent snowfall of last week had slid off the face filling the bergschund. Three pitches of snow and 5 pitches of ice gained the summit ridge.

We descended the E Ridge to the AA Col. The gully down is snow free. The AA Col is ice. Three 60m rappels put us on the glacier past the double bergschund.

Brent Peters
Apprentice Alpine Guide
CAA Level 2
Yamnuska Mountain Adventures

Sent from my iPhone from the Neil Colgan Hut