[MCR] Mt MacDonald

Public Mountain Conditions Report mcr at informalex.org
Fri Jun 14 11:44:43 EDT 2013

Climbed a mix of the west face and the North west ridge yesterday. Good travel up the Herdman couloir to base of route with light crampons. Route was mostly dry and in good condition, except when it hailed and snowed, we exited to the west ridge 200ft from the summit due to electricity. Descent down the Herdman was in good condition and we did not use crampons on the descent. We also traversed over to the main Herdman couloir which was more effort that it was worth( tricky climbing on moist slabs). All in all a great day out.
Cheers
Todd Craig, MG