[MCR] O'Hara

Public Mountain Conditions Report mcr at informalex.org
Sun Jun 16 22:05:34 EDT 2013

Just back from climbing Mt Lefroy this morning and Grassi Ridge in the afternoon. Went up to Abbott pass yesterday, we had a little rain and some sun but mostly cloudy. We descended from the upper moraine down into the bowl above Oesa lake to avoid being under Mt Victoria. Still lots of potential for big blocks and snow to come down. We staying in the middle of the gully and boot packing was difficult as there was a breakable crust with moist snow below.
This morning dawned clear and the snow conditions to the summit were good for traveling, we did not use crampons to the summit or down. A party of 3 skied from the route, no powder but the snow carried.Victoria still has alot of snow but if you had a good freeze it may go. Glacier peak look good as well with a freeze. Everything else I could see looked pretty snowy.
Grassi Ridge this afternoon was great, nice and dry, the descent still has alot of snow traversing to the descent gully but the gully is dry.
Have fun out there.
Todd Craig, MG