[MCR] Rockies, Whiteman Falls, Redman Soars

Public Mountain Conditions Report mcr at informalex.org
Thu Mar 21 22:39:31 EDT 2013

I guided an ascent of Whiteman Falls today, March 21st. We skied in towing our packs on sleds. Good travel on the road this morning on a strong melt/freeze crust. A second party walked in on boot soles with minimal post holing.

We stepped over the open pool on top of the first approach pitch on climber's right. There is a good dry tool placement in a crack to help.

Whiteman Falls is in great shape. After climbing it we climbed to the crux of Redman Soars, but descended from there as the climb is in lean shape and suffering for quality due to a lack of ice (some chossier than normal passages).

www.barryblanchard.ca
www.yamnuska.com