[MCR] Sorcerer and Ghost road

Public Mountain Conditions Report mcr at informalex.org
Thu Mar 28 20:03:16 EDT 2013

Attempted Sorcerer today and decided to call it a miss.  I had climbed it a little over a week ago and was aware of the looming cornice that Barry mentioned in an earlier post, but with the intense sun and warm temps, it felt less then comfortable to be climbing under it today.  We ran up the first two pitches, dodging the odd ice and snow chunk falling from the cliffs above, but the idea of a possible cornice failure, felt like too big of a gamble today.  The trail is a little circuitous in there, but trying to step out of it is NOT worth your energy right now, with deep snow from the last storm.
We made a small attempt to drive to Wicked Wanda but no other vehicles have been that way in a while and it felt like a lonely place to get stuck today.
The drive out was very, very wet and muddy, but doable still in a Forester.
The rock climbing on south aspects would have been pretty darn good today!  Time to throw both climbing options in the car for ghost trips!
Sar

Sarah Hueniken
ACMG Alpine Guide
www.sarahhueniken.com