[MCR] Rockies, Columbia Icefields

Public Mountain Conditions Report mcr at informalex.org
Mon Sep 2 09:13:06 EDT 2013

My fellow guide, Matt Chessor, and I guided at the Columbia Icefields from August 28-Sept 1. We climbed A2 on August 31st via scree slopes and rock benches climber's left of the creek that runs by the climber's parking lot, then onto the North Glacier, A2/Athabasca Col and Boundary Glacier. The scree slopes and rock benches avoid the steepish ice tongue on the North Glacier. A great freeze the nights of August 30th, 31st and, I suspect, September 1st. Great alpine climbing conditions.

www.barryblanchard.ca
www.yamnuska.com