[MCR] Rockies, Mt Assiniboine

Public Mountain Conditions Report mcr at informalex.org
Sat Sep 7 12:26:42 EDT 2013

My fellow guides, Jen Olson and Matt Mueller, and I guided out of the Hind Hut Sept 2-5. The area was in prime summer conditions for our stay and we made ascents of Assiniboine (bone dry, no crampons or axes taken on the N Ridge), Wedgewood Peak and Mt Strom (the E snow and ice arete still holding step kicking snow save for the last 5 metres). All that has probably changed with last nights rains and, me thinks, snows up high.

The newly renovated Assiniboine Lodge is beautiful and should weather the next 100 years well.

www.barryblanchard.ca
www.yamnuska.com

Mts Magog and Assiniboine, and the Hind Hut: