[MCR] Hwy 93N Conditions

Public Mountain Conditions Report mcr at informalex.org
Tue Apr 8 18:50:38 EDT 2014

With friends, I drove the Icefields Parkway between Canmore and Tangle Ridge.

At 0600h temps ranged from 6C in Canmore to -2C at Castle Jct to 4C at the Icefields.

At 1400h temps ranged from 4C at the Icefields to 2C at Parker's Ridge to 13C at Castle Jct.

On the drive back, we observed numerous new avalanches that had occurred during our morning recreation, to sz 2.5 on predominantly lee aspects. The cloud cover was mainly overcast this morning. We also drove through scattered rain and snow showers with limited accumulation. The forecasted spring cycle is here and active.

Brent Peters
Alpine Guide
Yamnuska.com

Sent from my iPhone