[MCR] Curtain Call, April 26th, 2014

Public Mountain Conditions Report mcr at informalex.org
Sun Apr 27 00:59:37 EDT 2014

I climbed curtain call today with a friend. The route was still in good
shape. Soft, plastic ice and the line we climbed was mostly dry.

It was -2 when we left the car at 830 and we had good travel to the route
on a supportive crust. Overcast skies kept things cool and it was 3 degrees
when we were driving away at 2 pm. The crust was breaking down, but the
packed trail was still supportive for our descent.

The line we climbed felt WI5-ish with the crux being ~10m of slightly
hollow sounding pillar below an obvious crack on the upper pillar pitch.
Good pro was easy to find throughout the rest of the climb.

Other climbs that we noticed that appeared to be climbable:

- Polar circus - getting sun baked but might be ok with cold temps and a
very early start
- Tangle falls - still climbable but looks pretty sun affected
- Echo madness
- Shades of Beauty
- Cadeau Cache and Damocles area still looked fairly blue

Ian Jackson
ACMG Mountain Guide