[MCR] Mt. Assiniboine

Public Mountain Conditions Report mcr at informalex.org
Fri Aug 1 18:47:30 EDT 2014

I climbed Mt. Assiniboine North Ridge with JP Kors on July 31, 2014.  The route is completely dry, no need for crampons or ice axe on the route.  Still worth bringing for the couple of snow patches on the Gmoser highway if it froze or for more secure footing.  We had warm days & nights so the snow stayed soft for us and we only used the crampons early this morning to descend a short snow gully to get onto the Gmoser highway.

Have fun - it’s in great shape!

Lisa Paulson
UIAGM Mountain Guide,
Visitor Safety - Banff, Yoho, and Kootenay National Pakrs