[MCR] Rockies, Castle Mtn Ultra Brewers

Public Mountain Conditions Report mcr at informalex.org
Thu Aug 7 23:37:30 EDT 2014

I guided an ascent of Ultra Brewers from Castle Hut today, August 7th. We descended the normal hut approach and traversed to the route. It was me first time on the route and the BIG cairn that several guides told me about isn't there right now, but there is a ground level bolt and two more a little ways up and that makes the route easy to find.

We chose to traverse back to Castle Hut to descend and my fellow guide, Conrad Janzen, and guest, were there. Conrad pointed out a good kitchen tap volume of water spouting from under the pick-up sized boulders that mark the right turn out of the approach gully to the hut. "Fills a water jug in about three minutes", he said. I saw it on the way down and think that I've known about it in the past, but forgot.

www.barryblanchard.ca
www.yamnuska.com