[MCR] Rockies - Hungabee

Public Mountain Conditions Report mcr at informalex.org
Tue Aug 26 09:01:40 EDT 2014

We went to have a look at Hungabee yesterday and the west face route still had a significant amount of snow on it down to below 3000 m. Most other rock faces in the area are bone dry (except for north faces). I think there must have been an afternoon cloud hanging on Hungabee the last few days that inhibited melting. We chose to head back out and climb elsewhere today. Driving to Lake Louise this morning there is a similar band of snow on Temple south face, in the spot where webcams have been showing a consistent cloud cap forming every day since the recent poor weather.