[MCR] Rockies - Field - Carlsberg Column

Public Mountain Conditions Report mcr at informalex.org
Tue Dec 23 19:22:57 EST 2014

Yesterday and today I climbed Carlsberg Column with Ray and Dave respectively. Today we experienced light snow with up to 3cm accumulation when we left at 1600h.

The central line of the climb is in good shape and protectable. Left lines and right lines climb recently formed chandelier that hasn't consolidated.

**Note: The walk off is quite engaging at this time. We watched a party carefully front pointing down the snow covered slabs and opted to rappel the approach ice in exactly 60m from a rappel station on the giant boulder by the gnarled tree (tat).

Cascade Kronenberg still looks good via the Shooter Bar approach.

Pilsner Pillar has touched down again this time on the right.

Brent Peters
Alpine Guide
PeakStratagem.com