[MCR] Rockies: Bow Summit area

Public Mountain Conditions Report mcr at informalex.org
Thu Dec 25 19:11:36 EST 2014

I went for a few laps this afternoon to burn off the pound of bacon I had for breakfast.

I skied low angled west facing tracks and runouts on the east side of the highway near Bow Summit.

There was <1 m of snow here and only 5 cm of recent storm snow. I didn't see any recent avalanche activity. There were no critical weather inputs today.

The mid pack is still carrying surprisingly well and the skiing was silky, although I did hit one patch of rocks. I'm glad I was using my old skis!

On to the turkey...

Mark Klassen