[MCR] SARS on ice - Cougar in area

Public Mountain Conditions Report mcr at informalex.org
Mon Feb 24 22:54:28 EST 2014

Hello,

Wanted to get this info out sooner but I was out of cell and email coverage until now.

I guided a small group at ‘SARS on Ice’ in the David Thompson area on February 22nd. On the hike out we ran into a large cougar, which ran up a tree 150m in front of us, in the direction we were travelling. We walked right underneath it, snapping one quick picture along the way. What an amazing experience.

Even though the feline may have moved on from the area, just wanted to give everyone a heads up.

The ice at SARS was in good shape.

Kristopher Irwin – ACMG Alpine Guide
www.rockies-ice.com