[MCR] Rogers Pass

Public Mountain Conditions Report mcr at informalex.org
Tue Jan 7 21:43:56 EST 2014

Just back from two days of bluebird powder skiing in Rogers Pass.

Our main concerns were isolated areas of soft wind slab on east aspects in the alpine, and some large cornices.

Areas near the summit of the pass still have some issues with alders, combined with a lot of ski tracks the bottom of some runs are still a bit rugged.

Lots of tracks on the normal lines, to the point of not being able to find fresh lines. Fortunately we were able to go to a stash where we had the privilege of setting our own up track and getting first tracks down so there is still powder if you go exploring.

Mark Klassen
ACMG/IFMGA Mountain Guide
Banff-Lake Louise, Canada

cell/ 403.762.3540
email/ mark at alpinism.com
web/ alpinism.com
facebook/ facebook.com/alpinism
twitter/ @CdnMtnGuide

Sent from my mobile device for which I refuse to advertise