[MCR] Curtain Call

Public Mountain Conditions Report mcr at informalex.org
Thu Jan 16 11:25:50 EST 2014

Climbed Curtain Call yesterday with Kris Irwin and MB. The slope heading up to the climb had anywhere from 30 cm to 60 cm of widely distributed snow with about 30 cm soft slab. Lots of big boulders still acting as anchor points. The 1st pitch- we climbed the right side and the mushrooms up to the only protected belay, had about 6 to 7 meters of absolutely no gear (WI 5+ R). The 2nd Pitch- we climbed the right side of the pillar and had to do lots of cleaning to surmount the overhanging ice that eventually led us on the upper pillar. The 2nd pitch was true to its grade. Both pitches took good screws, and despite the warm temps, were bone dry.

On a side note- from the top we rapped from our V-thread that we built, but some- how got our rope stuck. We continued with one rope. If anyone goes to climb Curtain Call and retrieves our rope -can you please contact Myself, Kris or MB. My phone number is 403-609-1074.
Thanks,
Marco Delesalle
Mountain Guide
www.greatdividemountaineering.com