[MCR] Squamish Rock

Public Mountain Conditions Report mcr at informalex.org
Fri Jan 24 23:09:47 EST 2014

If you were wondering what to do this weekend, there is more than plenty to climb in Squamish these days.

There are lots of dry climbs in the bluffs at Penny Lane, Burgers, Neat 'n Cool, Pixies, etc.

On the Apron, Snake and Diedre were still wet this mornign but BananaPeal, and all the climbs around St. Vitus were dry enough to climb.

The Butface and Angel's Crest are dryer than most summers. The Butress pitch is a little wet but definitely climbable. The Grand Wall is dry other than the traverse over to the piller and the pitch above Perry's. There is lots of stuff to do at the base of the Grand and at the Malamute. We walked off Angels' Crest in Holy Soles today.

Although I am not sure about Check, Area 44 is dry, there have been cars at Top-Shelf . From the road Slahany looked dry a few days ago.

Most of the boulders are dry.

There has been a frost in Squamish every night, but the days are sunny and warm enough to climb by 9am or earlier. Once you are about 100m above valley bottom the temperatures stay above freezing. The breeze is cool if you are in the shade.

Have fun out there,
Conny Amelunxen
MG