[MCR] Weeping Wall RH - Jan 31st, 2014

Public Mountain Conditions Report mcr at informalex.org
Fri Jan 31 18:14:12 EST 2014

We climbed the weeping wall RH today. The ice was still holding up, some
sun affected ice on the more southerly facing pillars but easy to find good
ice and protection. Sun hits the wall around 1030 and although it was -20
at the car this morning, once the sun came around, climbing conditions were
comfortable. The ice was dry and not too brittle.

Somehow, we managed to get our rope stuck on the second rappel on the right
side bolted rappels. The knot was untied, but the rope must have twisted
around itself or retied itself into a knot. If anyone picks up our rope
tmrw (Saturday Feb. 1st), we would greatly appreciate it if it was returned
(Please call Banff Dispatch at 403 762 1470). Thanks.

Ian Jackson & Steve Holeczi
ACMG Mountain Guides
Parks Canada Visitor Safety
Banff, Yoho & Kootenay National Parks