[MCR] Skoki area, Rockies, July 11

Public Mountain Conditions Report mcr at informalex.org
Fri Jul 11 21:08:04 EDT 2014

I just got back from guiding a trip into the Skoki area. The trails were in very good shape - there was only an insignificant and well-traveled snow patch on the north side of Deception Pass. All of the other trails in the area are snow free and drying up nicely.

   The scramble routes mentioned in Kane's book look like they too are coming into shape. However, you would still encounter lingering snow heading up Redoubt, Richardson, Ptarmigan and Pika.

  I did not observe any recent bear activity in the area. The resident loons  are back on Baker, Ptarmigan and Hidden Lakes, and so are the bugs. Bring your repellant - these guys aren't taking prisoners.

Nathan Dahl
Hiking Guide