[MCR] The professor is done for now.

Public Mountain Conditions Report mcr at informalex.org
Fri May 16 21:15:44 EDT 2014

Went back to Professor’s this morning and the "high water warning" applies to that route now too.

Water was pouring behind the 1st pitch, had formed a passage on the right of the 2nd pitch and had pretty much gutted the 3rd pitch. We bailed on top of pitch 2 when the volume of the the running water became hard to ignore.

Not sure if the route will survive but that was a whole lot of change in a short time to a warm piece of ice. I would imagine the whole route is hovering around the warm side of 0 degrees celsius now.

It may cool down eventually, but, for now, can you say “water fall”?

Larry Stanier
ACMG Mountain Guide