[MCR] Rogers Pass - Video Peak - Nov 21

Public Mountain Conditions Report mcr at informalex.org
Sat Nov 22 01:18:54 EST 2014

Today we skied in some of the limited options in Rogers Pass.  One lap up
Video Peak then Bruins Ridge and out 8812 Bowl.  The skiing doesn't really
start until 2000m.  Overcast with light snow all day.  We found good skiing
when the visibility let us, best on slopes that didn't have any sun effect.

5-10cm overnight fell with minimal wind effect.  This sits on a variety of
surfaces.  Sun Crust on steep Solar Aspects, and surface hoar and facets in
protected areas.  The snowpack depth at 2400m is around 80-95 cm.  A rain
crust down 30-40cm from Nov 9 is still solid and hard to poke a ski pole
through.  On numerous occasions moist snow is still observed below this
crust.  Previous solar activity over the past few days.   No new avalanches
observed today.

Marty Schaffer SG

Josh Smith SG

Joey Vosburgh ASG