[MCR] Hudson Bay Mountain

Public Mountain Conditions Report mcr at informalex.org
Mon Nov 24 22:32:13 EST 2014

I went on a little ski trip on the prairie on Hudson Bay Mountain today.
It was -3 at 1700 m with a moderate westerly wind. There has been about
20 cm of new snow on the crust that formed earlier this month. The
prairie is very windy, so I found no surface hoar at the interface. It
produced hard sudden shears. The snowpack is still low here. I saw a
size 2 in a steep SE facing bowl  at 2300 m a few days ago, but the
clouds have been pretty thick. The interface between the crust and the
newer snow is quite facetted. Fortunately, it is still quite warm in the
alpine, and I hope for a bond between this crust and the snow we are
expecting.

--
Christoph Dietzfelbinger