[MCR] Sunglasses found and conditions on Pocaterra Ridge, Elk Range, Kananaskis Country

Public Mountain Conditions Report mcr at informalex.org
Tue Oct 7 17:46:25 EDT 2014

Hello all,

A friend and I hiked Pocaterra ridge from south to north yesterday and found a pair of Suncloud sunglasses along the way. If they are yours it's your lucky day! You can email me at stelfoxjen at shaw.ca

The trail was a bit muddy below treeline, but clear and good travel the whole way. A few patches of snow linger off to the sides in the highest sections of the ridge. Alpine north aspects in the area have some thin remnants of snow. Grizzly Col and the Little Highwood Pass are clear except for a few lingering skiffs.

The larches are finished, but a beautiful carpet of yellow needles remain. No fresh bear sign. We saw several bighorn rams along the ridge and they were calm and unconcerned by our presence.

Cheers,
Jen Stelfox
HG