[MCR] Rogers Pass Connaught Ck. Apr.27-2015

Public Mountain Conditions Report mcr at informalex.org
Mon Apr 27 22:28:06 EDT 2015

Skied some of the North facing terrain in Connaught Ck today (Video Pk., Pk.
8812, & Ursus Major - exiting via Bruins Pass/bowl) and was treated to a
smorgasbord of snow conditions -dry Powder, moist Powder, and silky corn
snow, (depending on elevation, aspect and time of day) - all of which skied
amazingly well!

Today's increase in Freezing levels definitely had some impact on the higher
elevation North powder not sure how fluffy things will be tomorrow - but if
we get a good overnight freeze there could be some good corn to be had.

The crust was totally supportive and I actually bootpacked this morning once
I was above 2000m., as it was easier that sidehilling on the frozen crust -
at the end of the day in the valley bottom the crust was barely holding -
okay I was pretty late ;-) - and the snow a bit sticky - but no problem
skiing all the way to the highway.

As my Great, Great, Great, Great Grandpappy always said " Timing is
Everything - next to Location, Location, Location -which is of course all
about TIMING!" , and that is what spring skiing is all about.

Cheers,

Scott Davis