[MCR] Silverhorn/ Ramp Route, Mt Athabasaca, Aug 17th, 2015

Public Mountain Conditions Report mcr at informalex.org
Sun Aug 16 18:30:10 EDT 2015

Tim Haggarty and I climbed the Silverhorn route and descended the Ramp
route today. We found good conditions with cool temperatures and ~ 5cm of
recent snow making for quick travel up the route and good footing on the
decent.

Crevasses and bergschrunds are all easily crossed on both routes, but there
are more open ones than normal for this time of year.

We had cool temperatures (4 degrees at the parking lot at 4 am) and
overcast skies so rockfall was not an issue for us. However, there was
evidence that rockfall had crossed parts of both routes on warmer days, so
heads up.

Snowing lightly with poor visibility as we left, but it didn't seems like
things were changing that quickly.

Ian Jackson
ACMG Mountain Guide
Visitor Safety Technician