[MCR] Columbia Icefields

Public Mountain Conditions Report mcr at informalex.org
Sun Aug 23 11:23:00 EDT 2015

Up on Boundary Peak yesterday.
15cm to 20cm of unconsolidated snow on the North Glacier but the travel was still pretty good.
Evidence of wind effect at higher elevations with scouring on the top half of the Silverhorn and two size 1 slabs off the steep terrain to the lookers right of the Ramp Route on Athabasca.We didn't observe any solar effected slides during the day despite it being a Blue Bird.The crevasses that we encountered were still open and easy to see but I'd speculate that at higher elevations where the wind had drifted the snow then some of the holes will have weak bridges concealing them (more of a Fall scenario than the end of August!).Cheers,Steve Blagbrough.ACMG/IFMGA