[MCR] Mt Robson conditions

Public Mountain Conditions Report mcr at informalex.org
Sat Aug 29 10:45:29 EDT 2015

Summited Mt. Robson via Patterson Spur to the Kain Face August 27th at 930am with one client, over 3 days. Was excellent travel: crampon deep foot pen on the glacier and frozen bucket steps to the summit after the plastic ice of the Kain Face. Softened to boot top on the way down once back on the glacier.

The Thoni Trail from Kinney Lake to the Paterson Spur since my last trip up the mountain one month ago, has improved. There has been significant traffic all the way to the Robson Resplendent col judging by the trodden out moss, boot prints and missing loose rock. Flagging has been added all the way to the alpine and I have added many cairns to help mark the way above the trees.

Mouse Trap.

Hard to tell from photo but ice and snow has run recently all the way to the flats covering standard route to RR col.

Mt. Resplendent looks good from the R-R and was summited via Patterson Spur.

Safe Travels

Crosby Johnston
ACMG Mountain Guide
Cell 778 266 0022