[MCR] Rockies, The professor falls.

Public Mountain Conditions Report mcr at informalex.org
Mon Dec 14 19:38:59 EST 2015

I guided on The professor falls. today, Dec 14. My guest rented us snow
bikes to ride in and it is the way forward, the studded tires are far safer.

The route is largely dry despite a number of pools of water and windows
into the flow. The third pitch is heavily chandeliered and offers no screws
for 10 metres. Lots of hooking and lots of stuff to stand on. Good screws
are possible where the angle backs off.

My guest ran out of gas so we didn't climb the last pitch but it looks good.

The walk off is good. We did  the one mandatory rappel from a tree rather
than doing the exposed scramble down to the bolted anchor 5 metres lower
(30 metres from the tree to the bottom).

Yamnuska Mountain Adventures