[MCR] Glacier Gulch Ice

Public Mountain Conditions Report mcr at informalex.org
Tue Dec 22 20:14:04 EST 2015

Fellow guide Lucas Holtzman and I climbed the Left Hand Falls in Glacier
Gulch near Smithers today. All major lines are in. We stayed away from
the right side of the valley as it's fairly warm aloft and we did not
want to be underneath 1800 m of steep gullies in the sun. The Left Hand
Falls are in good shape. It goes as grade 4 right now. We turned around
just below the top as it got thin there. Everything below protected
reasonably well, and the top probably needs just a few more days.

The Left of Left line has slid pretty big for its size. We did not check
for debris on the right side.

It was -10 at the falls and we could just drive up to the parking lot in
4 wheel drive trucks. I won't try that after the next snowfall.

--
Christoph Dietzfelbinger
IFMGA/ UIAGM Mountain Guide - Bear Mountaineering and the Burnie Glacier Chalet