[MCR] Selkirks, Rogers Pass, Mt Green December 25th 2015

Public Mountain Conditions Report mcr at informalex.org
Sat Dec 26 20:44:22 EST 2015

Yesterday we climbed Mt Green and descended the north face to the Illecillewaet River. The rock band through to the Bonney (Parsons)-Green Col was thinner than Ive ever seen. Ice axe, crampons and a rope was utilized in this section due to thin snow on the rocks. Descending from the Summit down the north east ridge was also rockier than I had experienced in previous years. A rappel was required to gain the "ski run" where usually a side slip is sufficient. High quality skiing to valley bottom from there.
 Joey Vosburgh
ACMG SG
Revelstoke, BC