[MCR] Rockies - Icefields Parkway - Murchison Falls

Public Mountain Conditions Report mcr at informalex.org
Mon Feb 9 21:59:37 EST 2015

Today, with friends Eddie, Jacob, and Jason, I climbed Murchison Falls. Skies were predominantly overcast with little wind and snow accumulation up to 4cm.

With the warm temps the new storm snow is settling well on the approach slopes. There is a good boot pack to the base of the route.

Both "But My Daddy's a Psycho" and Murchison are in great mid season condition. The new snow and fresh weeps made for damp climbing and we were thankful for extra pairs of dry gloves.

Recent storm snow is forming a cornice on the left side at the top of the climb. It's about .5m thick today.

Brent Peters
PeakStratagem.com