[MCR] Rockies - Icefields Parkway - Weeping Wall

Public Mountain Conditions Report mcr at informalex.org
Fri Jan 23 21:05:35 EST 2015

I climbed the lower Weeping Wall yesterday with friend Josh. We climbed the Right Hand Side and were on the bench below the upper wall before the sun came around to soften the climb. Like Mike's previous post about Murchison Falls, we experienced brittle ice and dinner plates, which required careful testing. On P2 we climbed the traditional corner line. Above the ramp, the corner was unconsolidated dry chandelier. It was fairly beat out, providing good hooks but poor protection.

Most of the lower Weeping Wall has new seeps creating fresh wet chandelier over the existing ice. We hiked up to the upper and found the choice lines there to be the same.

Brent Peters
Alpine Guide
PeakStratagem.com

Lower WW left