[MCR] Rogers Pass - Hermit Meadows Peaks

Public Mountain Conditions Report mcr at informalex.org
Thu Jul 2 18:32:38 EDT 2015

Just back from a few days at Hermit Meadows where our team completed ascents of Mt Rogers, Swiss Peaks, Truda Peaks, and Mt Tupper.

We experienced mostly supportive snow travel on the Swiss and upper Tupper glaciers. There is bare ice up to 2700m on the Swiss glacier increasing daily, but still avoidable. The bergschrund at the base of the Swiss face is still filled in the centre but opening on both sides. We found crampons helpful to ascend the face in the early morning, but unnecessary to descend the Truda couloir late afternoon. The Swiss Peaks traverse is mainly dry with the only snow at the junction with S Face route bypassing the gendarmes.

Truda Peaks S Ridge is also dry.

Brent Peters
Alpine Guide
PeakStratagem.com