[MCR] Unnamed Peak, Lake Louise Group, BNP

Public Mountain Conditions Report mcr at informalex.org
Tue Jul 7 17:59:51 EDT 2015

Climbed the East Ridge of Unnamed in the Lake Louise Group today (July 7).
The ridge is dry and in good condition. If descending the ridge it would be a good idea to bring some cord/sling to replace weather-worn cord/sling on some of the more commonly used anchors.
We descended via the cirque and glacier between Unnamed and Pope's Peak. Without a good overnight freeze we found very soft snow that provided good plunge-stepping in some cases and post-holing in other cases. Crampons were not necessary today, but they will likely be mandatory within a couple of days for this descent as the snow is melting quickly and several shallow snowpack areas will likely turn to bare ice before too long.

Jeremy Mackenzie

IFMGA/ACMG Mountain Guide