[MCR] Rockies- Deltaform NW ridge

Public Mountain Conditions Report mcr at informalex.org
Sat Jul 11 19:57:47 EDT 2015

Hi,

Just climbed Deltaform via the NW ridge - from Wenkchemna Pass and over
Neptuak. We found a good bivy site in the moraines near Wenkchemna pass,
just a few minutes from the start of the ridge on Neptuak. This spot has a
reliable water source and should last all season. This was the only good
water source on the whole climb - do not count on finding any water higher
on the route. The route itself is dry, and there were only a few snow
patches around. The route is fairly well marked with fast travel between
several steeper belayed pitches. On descent the rap sites were quite
obvious. We beefed up some rappels and replaced some slings, but eventually
ran out material. There are a lot of rappels. It would be a good idea to
bring some anchor materials to replace some of the older rap slings.

Also, the summit register needs to be replaced. If anyone goes there in the
next while, it would be great to bring a new one up to Deltaform. Neptual
needs one as well. You can contact the ACC for a new casing and booklet. Old
registers, and any recent full ones, should be brought back to the Whyte
museum in Banff for safe keeping and proper storage. At the Whyte, these
mountain records are cared for and kept for future generations.

Have fun out there,
Helen Sovdat