[MCR] Mt. Athabasca

Public Mountain Conditions Report mcr at informalex.org
Mon Jul 13 00:32:47 EDT 2015

Climbed Athab via the ramp route yesterday July 11th with Peter and Lacey. Excellent travel allowed us to move quickly along the climbers left side of the ramp and reduce our exposure time to the potential rockfall from the slopes above. Crevasses were well bridged and easy to cross but thinning by the day.

Had a peak down the AA Col route and it looked ugly.
With current mountain conditions and no overnight freezes I think all routes on this mountain are subject to increased rockfall hazard. James B called it - on our descent we witnessed rockfall originating just right of the Silverhorn route from a safe distance. Some pieces crossed our descent track.

boundary glacier