[MCR] Rockies: Mt Cline

Public Mountain Conditions Report mcr at informalex.org
Sun Jun 28 10:52:38 EDT 2015

We climbed the SW Ridge of Mt Cline Friday/Saturday. The route is mostly snow free other than the permanent snowfield at the beginning of the ridge proper. Despite warm overnight temperatures we had a good radiation freeze and used lightweight aluminum crampons in this spot both up and down. A 25 m length of rope is plenty long enough to get through the two exposed notches.

The incredible view from the summit includes 39 eleven-thousand foot peaks (including the one you’re standing on), from Cavell to Temple to Sir Sandford.

Mark Klassen
ACMG-IFMGA Mountain Guide