[MCR] Valhallas, Southern Selkirks

Public Mountain Conditions Report mcr at informalex.org
Mon Jun 29 16:16:43 EDT 2015

Hi all,

Just a quick note regarding access and conditions in this
neck of the woods. We just came out of a 3 days trip in Mulvey Basin yesterday.

Access is pretty rough at this time, a high clearance 4 X 4
vehicle is required to get in. Parks was actually in there this
week-end trying to improve it. Looks like you could get in with larger trucks
now. Forestry is scheduled to start improving the road this summer, this will be a nice change.

Alpine rock climbing conditions are really good and most south facing routes are dry
and climbable. There is still lingering snow and wet rock on north facing
routes. Snow has been melting fast this year and it looks more like mid-July at
this time. There is still plenty of snow at the Gimli campsite for water. The
north side of the Gimli col is still sporting good snow and we did not use
crampons but an ice axe was useful.

Have a good start to the summer climbing season!

David Lussier

Mountain Guidewww.summitmountainguides.com