[MCR] Guinness Gully

Public Mountain Conditions Report mcr at informalex.org
Mon Nov 30 22:23:42 EST 2015

My guest Martin and I enjoyed good early season conditions on Guinness Gully today. The ice on all steps has thickened significantly in the last week (climbed it on 24th) and good protection is available throughout. No instabilities in the snowpack in between pitches. We did observe large surface hoar (up to 30mm) in open areas below treeline which will be something to watch out for after the next snow fall.

We opted for the walk off descent gully to the west, and although not an otter slide, it is in good condition and a quick option for getting back to the car.