[MCR] Trail Condition Report for Galatea Creek Trail for September 5, 2015

Public Mountain Conditions Report mcr at informalex.org
Sat Sep 5 18:02:38 EDT 2015

Hi Folks

After a long hiatus, this heavily flood-damaged trail has an official
re-opening as of this week.
All bridges are in place, and at key points, flagging tape and cairns will
give you clear indication, which way to go.

Given the current rainy weather conditions, the trail has numerous muddy
sections. Caution also on the slippery, snow covered, wooden bridges.

At higher elevations (freezing level 1700 m), a beautiful winter postcard
scenery dominated the landscape, although very fogged in.
With Guinn's Pass in mind, travel was done to Lillian Lake instead, at
which point, this party of one decided to return.

Some work remains to be done, and Lillian Lake campsite will continue to be
closed, until further notice. But for now enjoy this trail for what it is,
a beautiful hike in the mountains.

Happy Trails Martina Wakeman
ACMG Hiking Guide

Based on my own observations, on a completely separate note, an update on
current conditions of 'Mount Trash-more'. It is not an isolated peak, but
rather a common sight in the Mountain Parks these days, growing in volume,
and is a concern for the welfare of our wildlife/places.
We are all stewards of this land, and are invited to 'pay it forward', by
leaving road/parking and picnic sites, as well as trails cleaner than we
found them in. Thank you to all who choose to participate:-)