[MCR] Achilles Spire - Mt Andromache - BNP

Public Mountain Conditions Report mcr at informalex.org
Wed Sep 30 08:26:48 EDT 2015

Climbed Achilles Spire on Mt Andromache on Sept 29.
The route is entirely free of snow. Climbing in the sun was very pleasant, and even with light wind and partly cloudy skies later in the day the temperature was still quite manageable for climbing.
Looking across to Mt Hector we observed a light dusting of snow covering the lower glacier with lots of crevasses wide open. The upper glacier looked smoother, but we suspect the snow is not very deep yet. Debris from a couple of old avalanches was also observed towards the toe of the glacier.
Enjoy the weather while it lasts!

Jeremy Mackenzie

IFMGA/ACMG Mountain Guide