[MCR] Rockies: Jasper - Fryatt Valley Sydney Vallance Hut

Public Mountain Conditions Report mcr at informalex.org
Sat Apr 2 17:01:56 EDT 2016

Just came out from Fryatt Valley. River crossing necessitated canoe and trail runners were worn all the way to Lower Fryatt campground.

After Lower Fryatt campground and on approach to headwall NUMEROUS large solar triggered avalanches seen coming off peaks.  Whumping and shooting cracks that propagated widely on both flat and very low angle terrain on approach to the hut confirmed SPAW warnings and we chose very conservative terrain in which to tour on our next day avoiding any and all overhead or slope hazard.

Temps daytime went up to 15 degrees and did not freeze overnight. Sunny and bluebird. Ski out was early and uneventful.

Gord Thompson
CGI

Sent from my iPhone