[MCR] Rockies: Mt Gordon, Mt Jimmy Junior, French Glacier

Public Mountain Conditions Report mcr at informalex.org
Wed Apr 13 21:52:11 EDT 2016

I guided and ascent of Mt Gordon on Monday, April 11th. Had to carry our
skis a half dozen times over short dry sections and creek crossings. The
glacier and icefield had chaulky wind pressed snow everywhere.

April 12th I guided Mt Jimmy Junior and used ski crampons pretty much the
whole way up. A firm supportive crust was still holding as of 11:00 am when
we left. Wish it had of softened up more for better skiing!

Today, April 13th, I guided the French Glacier. We had intended on doing
the French, Haig, Robertson circuit but 20 centimetres of new snow with
lots of wind and poor visibility saw us heading back down the French from
the Haig Icefield for fear of soft slabs and wind slabs below the Sir
Douglas/Robertson Col. We enjoyed good skiing down the glacier and heavier
moist snow lower in the valley that skied really slow.

Yamnuska Mountain Adventures
www.yamnuska.com