[MCR] S Coast Mtns Marriage Lk and E Gravell Creek.

Public Mountain Conditions Report mcr at informalex.org
Tue Mar 1 18:43:28 EST 2016

I spent last last 5 days touring with a group in the mountains east of Mt. Currie above the Pemberton Airport. We camped at a lake known locally as "Marriage Lk" 50 15.342 N 122 42.513 W at 1900m. It's in the most easterly branch of Gravell Cr.
The area was used by Coast Range Heliskiing for the last 15 years and it was their most visited location. As far as I know very little touring happened. This fall Blackcomb Aviation aquire the tenure. Whistler Heli Skiing now infrequently uses the location.
It's a 5min flight to our campsite. I don't know of any trails leading up the valley. The location has a good combo of tree sking to steep alpine terrain.There are some small glaciers. The longest run is 1200m. We spent 4  full days going in different directions. An easyish col provides a route from the Pemberton facing N aspect to the McWalts Glacier. A further col makes a route possible to the main Gravell Creek peaks.
I will post some pictures on the FB South Coast Touring page.
If you need more info please contact me.
Dave Sarkany

Sent from my Samsung device