Hager and Town

Fri Nov 12 17:27:03 EST 2004

Date: Thu, 11 Nov 2004 18:25:22 -0700
Subject: Re: Street directions to Hager and Town
interlockings?

Hello Frank,

Others may respond more quickly; nonetheless:

The Hager site crossover and tower are long gone.  NS
tracks sweep southward past the site, where a
communications tower now stands (or did stand in
1995).  You can view the site (on the east side of the
road) from the raised Burhans Blvd.  From Vardo,
follow Downsville Pike/Maryland Avenue north,
turn left (west) onto Wilson Blvd.  Wilson Blvd
becomes Burhans Blvd (which also is route 11) as you
cross Virginia Avenue.  If you reach Wesel Blvd
(intersects from the west), you have passed the Hager
site.

Town, a composition-roof, block and brick building,
was still there when I was last in the area (1995).
Continue northwards along Burhans Blvd (you
will do a sort of quarter-circle north and east around
the Western Maryland facilities); you will cross
Washington, Franklin, and Salem Streets (I
can't remember if Burhans is elevated here).  My map
has Town at approximately a half-mile from Washington
Street.  Town is on the east side of and close to
the Burhans Blvd overpass under which the RR/Conrail,
etc., line runs north north-west.

Good luck!

Steve Koppe
Tempe, AZ

November 12, 2004

Thank you for your helpful reply, Steve.

Best wishes,