[PCNJ-news] PCNJ News & Updates - 3/29/05

pridecenter-news at pridecenter.org pridecenter-news at pridecenter.org
Mon Mar 28 20:59:19 EST 2005

The Pride Center of New Jersey
News & Updates - March 29,  2005

See www.pridecenter.org for lot's more group and
activity  information!

1. PFLAG GROUP PLANNED
2. NJLGH SINGLES NIGHT- April  2
3. JOB OPENING AT PRIDE CENTER OF NJ
4. THE LARAMIE PROJECT - April 10
5. THREE TALL WOMEN - April 21
6. CLUBFEST IS BACK - April 23
7. NJPAC PRIDE NIGHT - June 2
8. OLDIES DANCE - June 11
9. MISC EVENTS

1. PFLAG GROUP PLANNED

Congregation B’nai Tikvah, located  in North Brunswick, just off Rt. 1, would
like  to start a PFLAG group going in our facility. People who are interested
in PFLAG  meetings, please contact Hadas Elami, at: 732-297-0696 or:
_admin at bnaitikvah.org_ (mailto:admin at bnaitikvah.org)

2.  NJLGH SINGLES NIGHT- April 2
Saturday, April 2nd at 8 PM New Jersey’s Lesbian  and
Gay Havurah Singles Night
Join New Jersey’s Lesbian and Gay Havurah, a  circle of
friends celebrating our Jewish heritage, for a singles
night.  It’s a great way to meet that special someone,
or just find new friends.  Single men will meet at a
member’s home in Bridgewater; single women will  meet
at a member’s home in West Orange. Bring a dessert to
share.  Call/write to RSVP and for directions:
732-650-1010, box 3 or _info at njhav.org_
(http://us.f501.mail.yahoo.com/ym/Compose?To=info@njhav.org&YY=59838&order=down&sort=date&pos=0&view=a&head=b) .

3. JOB OPENING AT PRIDE CENTER  OF NJ
Office & Volunteer Manager Wanted (Part-Time)
The Pride Center  of New Jersey, the state’s only
community center serving the LGBTIQ  population, is
seeking a part-time Office & Volunteer Manager.  The
Office & Volunteer Manager will work closely with our
many  volunteers to create a welcoming environment at
PCNJ and ensure the  successful operation of our North
Brunswick office. The applicant should  be
self-motivated and have the ability to recruit, train
and motivate  volunteers, build strong relationships
with a diverse range of people, be  able to clearly
articulate the mission of PCNJ, and inspire others  to
become volunteers of PCNJ. Excellent interpersonal
communication and  supervisory skills are required.
Must be proficient with computers, databases  and MS
Office suite.  This position reports directly to the
Board of  Directors.
This is an exempt part-time position of 20 hours per
week. Work  hours are primarily in the evenings to
coincide with The Center’s normal  hours of operation
(nightly, 7pm to 10pm). Salary is commensurate  with
experience. To apply, e-mail letter of application and
resume to _president at pridecenter.org_
(http://us.f501.mail.yahoo.com/ym/Compose?To=president@pridecenter.org&YY=59838&order=down&sort=date&pos=0&view=a&head
=b)  or send to The
Pride  Center of New Jersey,
PO Box 5130, New Brunswick, NJ  08903, attn:  OVM
Search.
For more information about The Pride Center and  this
position, please visit _www.pridecenter.org_ (http://www.pridecenter.org) .

4. THE LARAMIE PROJECT - April 10
The Laramie Project is a play about the brutal murder of gay college  student
Matthew Shepard, and is based on more than 200 interviews conducted in
Laramie, Wyoming over the following year and a half.
The story is told in  the words of those who lived it, and live with it. From
the perpetrators; the  emergency room doctor; the young man who found his
nearly lifeless body; to  Matthews parents and friends... all in their own words.
There is no doubt  that hate crimes affect not only their victims, but send a
message of fear and  intolerance to every member of their community. It is
also clear that there is  always an opportunity for hope and healing, if we can
only open our eyes and  hearts wide enough to recognize it.
Please join Plainfield Area Equality and  more than 20 other organizations,
many from Plainfield, and others from around  the State of New Jersey, as we
spend an afternoon together in the community of  Fellowship and strive to
understand that despite our superficial differences,  how alike we really all are.
Sunday, April 10 2005  4:00 pm
United  Church of Christ Congregational
220 West Seventh Street, Plainfield NJ, 07060

5. CLUBFEST - Apr 23
Pride Center's Clubfest is Back!